Ford 6.7 Firing Order – It’s important to know which bank (or cylinder head) is primary to assist decide a starting place for firing order or simply to exchange the correct aspect, just like an Oxygen sensing unit, fuel injector or ignition coil.
In past times all of that was necessary to determine which bank or cylinder go is primary was to see which cylinder go is situated the farthest forward. One which is easily the most forward (closest to the top from the engine) is the number one cylinder and therefore part is financial institution a single.
But many motors nowadays have cylinder heads which are located equally, making it tougher to find out which is bank primary and that is lender number 2. A couple of frequent reasons we need to know this, as an example is usually to determine Oxygen indicator to change when you are searching for B1 S1 (Lender One particular Detector A single), or if you’re attempting to track down an ignition coil to examine for any P0301 (#1 cylinder misfire documented) misfire code.
Things to consider
- Several cylinder motors always have the #1 cylinder nearest to the front of your engine (just one bank).
- V-6 or V-8 try to find the plug that is certainly nearest to the leading of the engine, when the cylinder heads are even an alternate means of deciding #1 will probably be needed.
- Don’t disregard the apparent, check on the spark plug cable alone for cylinder phone numbers.
- Also look at the ignition coil for figures.
- For those who have a check out device, try out disconnecting an oxygen indicator in the short term to determine which is B1 or B2. Often a pending code or challenging code sets rather quickly. Also glance at the data display screen of the scan instrument, the voltage need to in most cases normal to .5V.
- If all else fails look at the assistance handbook. Many on-line resources offer easy access to firing order and much more at Do it yourself pricing.
Some Ford 6.7 Firing Order Available here