Ford 4.6 Firing Order – It’s important to know which banking institution (or cylinder head) is # 1 to aid figure out a starting point for firing order or simply to switch the right part, such as an Oxygen sensor, gas injector or ignition coil.
In the past everything that was necessary to find out which lender or cylinder brain is # 1 was to determine what cylinder go is placed the farthest forwards. One that is considered the most forwards (nearest the front of your engine) is the best cylinder and that aspect is bank one particular.
But many motors nowadays have cylinder heads which can be positioned equally, making it tougher to determine which is lender number 1 and that is lender number 2. A number of popular factors we need to know this, for instance is always to determine Oxygen indicator to switch when you would like B1 S1 (Banking institution One particular Sensing unit A single), or if you’re seeking to track down an ignition coil to examine for the P0301 (#1 cylinder misfire documented) misfire code.
What you should consider
- 4 cylinder motors always have the #1 cylinder closest to the front from the engine (just one financial institution).
- V-6 or V-8 look for the connect that is nearest to the front side in the engine, if the cylinder heads are even another strategy for figuring out #1 will be needed.
- Don’t overlook the clear, review the spark connect cable on its own for cylinder numbers.
- Also look at the ignition coil for amounts.
- For those who have a scan instrument, try out disconnecting an oxygen detector in the short term to determine which is B1 or B2. Commonly a pending code or hard code sets rather quickly. Also check out the details screen from the check out tool, the voltage need to typically default to .5V.
- If everything else falters read the service handbook. Several on-line places give easy accessibility to firing order and even more at DIY prices.
A Few Ford 4.6 Firing Order Available here