Ford 6.0 L Firing Order – It’s essential to know which bank (or cylinder head) is number one to help decide a place to start for firing order or maybe to exchange the right portion, as an Oxygen sensing unit, gas injector or ignition coil.
In the past all of that was required to determine which financial institution or cylinder brain is # 1 was to determine which cylinder head is placed the farthest forwards. The one that is the most frontward (nearest the front of the engine) is the main cylinder and this side is financial institution a single.
But a majority of engines right now have cylinder heads which can be positioned evenly, that makes it tougher to determine which is financial institution number one and which is bank number 2. A few common reasons we must know this, for example is usually to determine Oxygen sensing unit to replace when you are interested in B1 S1 (Financial institution One Sensing unit One), or if perhaps you’re seeking to locate an ignition coil to examine for a P0301 (#1 cylinder misfire captured) misfire code.
Points to consider
- 4 cylinder motors generally have the #1 cylinder closest to the top of your engine (just one bank).
- V-6 or V-8 try to find the plug that is nearest the front in the engine, in the event the cylinder heads are even an alternate method of deciding #1 will probably be required.
- Don’t disregard the clear, check up on the spark plug cable alone for cylinder phone numbers.
- Also check the ignition coil for phone numbers.
- For those who have a scan resource, attempt disconnecting an oxygen sensing unit briefly to find out which is B1 or B2. Often a pending code or challenging code will set rather quickly. Also glance at the information monitor of your scan tool, the voltage ought to in many instances go into default to .5V.
- If all else fails look at the services guide. Many on-line options supply comfortable access to firing order and even more at Do it yourself rates.
Some Ford 6.0 L Firing Order Available here